ncbi server at nih.gov down?

Gregory M. Acland gma2 at CORNELL.EDU
Tue Jul 4 08:56:59 EST 1995

RE:
>NCBI's servers are all up.  The problem appears limited to some transatlantic
>connections that travel by way of SPRINT, a commercial Internet provider.
>We have been providing 'traceroute' information to our Internet provider
>(SURANET) and they are working with SPRINT to isolate the problem.

Since 6/29/95 approx 10pm I have not been able to get responses from the
BLAST server.  Is this a separate problem, or another aspect of the
"transatlantic" problem?  Are other users in US having the same problem? Is
there an alternative way of accessing BLAST?

Gregory M. Acland        	       	       	       	       	  (607) 256-5684
[phone]
Center for Canine Genetics & Reproduction       	  (607) 256-5689 [fax]
James A. Baker Institute for Animal Health      	   gma2 at cornell.edu
College of Veterinary Medicine
Cornell University
Hungerford Hill Rd, Ithaca, New York 14853