Q: RasMol pictures (cytochrome) in TIBS 20, p. 217 - HOW?

C. R. Bartke bartke at hrz-ws41.hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Jul 4 11:01:58 EST 1995

Hello there!

After reading the article "Cytochrome f revealed" (Prince, GR and George, GN)
in TIBS 20, pages 217 f., I tried (as an exercise) to visualise the cytochromes
given in Fig. 1 exactly the same way as they did it. I used RasMol 2.5 (Unix).
It worked fine except for the fact that I was not able to get the "connections"
between the two amino acids and the Fe-ion and the Heme-Group respectively.

Is there any way in RasMol (or RasWin) to make use of the CONECT-field in the
PDB-File (e.g. 1CYO)? The ATOMNOs of the involved atoms do show up in these
fields, but have found no way to use that info.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for consideration,
Cornelius

Cornelius R. Bartke		   Student der Biologie im FB 19
Hauffstrasse 16			Gesamthochschule Universit„aet Kassel
34246 Vellmar				Kassel - Germany
Fon&Fax: ++49/561/823330	 e-mail: bartke at hrz.uni-kassel.de