PAUP question

Susan Farmer sfarmer at goldsword.com
Wed Jul 12 10:50:44 EST 1995

I've been running a rather large PAUP data set (95 taxa and 230 chars).
I have a large number of chars "deleted" (97 to be exact).  HOwever,
when I look at my apomorphy list, I find that these deleted characters
are defining nodes.  Is PAUP still using characters that are excluded;
and if so, why?  And other that physically deleting them from the data
set, can I make PAUP *NOT* use them?

It appears that the only thing these characters are excluded *from* is
calculating length(s).

Confusedly,
Susan

Susan B. Farmer     sfarmer at goldsword.com
I can't even find time to clean house and you want me to come up with a .sig?
     B.A. in Computer Science ... Graduate Student in Botany
		Talk to me about your Trillium species!