have MOLSCRIPT and RASTER3D ever been ported to MS-WIN?? (is it possible)

Martin Kroeker martin at tutor.oc.chemie.th-darmstadt.de
Fri Jul 14 06:23:58 EST 1995

xyzzyx (xyzzyx at aimnet.com) wrote:
> I was just curious if anyone has ever attempted to port these programs to
> the MS-Windows environment.
> They'd probably run ridiculously slow, but a fast Pentium with a lot of
> RAM (sans math bug) might perform at an acceptable rate.

I have no experience with Molscript, but Raster3D runs very well - even on
a 486 - under Linux. If you have some free disk space, it would probably be
easier for you to install this freeware PC Unix on a separate partition
alongside your current MS-Win setup.( In fact i could suggest switching to
Linux entirely, but this might cause yet another unnecessary 'my OS is
better than yours' flamewar).
Martin
--
Dr.-Ing. Martin Kroeker