FONTS-FROM-HELL???

John V. Weil weil_j at defiance.hsc.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 17 20:25:55 EST 1995

Recently I decided to thin out my cumbersomely large font collection.  I
deleted all unneeded fonts from the fonts folder.  To my surprise my word
processors (WP 3.1 and WORD 5.1a) both continued to include the deleted
fonts in their font lists.  Yet when I select these 'phantom' fonts they
transform the text to a blank.  A search via find utility shows no files
with these font names.  I cannot determine where these lists are kept and
how to get them to include only real fonts.

If anyone knows the answer to this mystery please advise!!!

--
John V. Weil