SIGNAL SCAN 4.0

danp danp at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Wed Jul 19 12:30:58 EST 1995

ANNOUNCING SIGNAL SCAN 4.0

SIGNAL SCAN is a program developed to aid molecular biologists
in finding potential transcription factor binding sites and other
elements in DNA sequences.

SIGNAL SCAN VERSION 4.0 is now available.  The Version 4 update
changes include the addition of 2 transcription factor databases.
Element databases now included with the program are: Ghosh's Transcription
Factor Database (TFD), Wingender's TRANSFAC database, and Chen's Information
Matrix Database (IMD). The other major change was the ability to
scan sequences in GCG or FASTA format as well as STADEN format.

SIGNAL SCAN comes in two formats: executable files for
IBM compatible machines, and UNIX source code for other machines.
Both versions are available by anonymous FTP. There is no
Macintosh version available, and support has been dropped for
VAX VMS.

For instructions on how to obtain the UNIX and PC versions,
contact me by E-mail and please SPECIFY YOUR OPERATING
SYSTEM(s).

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

			Sincerely,
				Dan S. Prestridge
				danp at biosci.cbs.umn.edu