Dendrograms with accurately drawn branch lengths

Lemuel S. del Rosario ldelrosario at laba.tdh.state.tx.us
Fri Jul 21 16:28:17 EST 1995

  Our lab has recently acquired an imaging system from
  Scanalytics for molecular epidemiological studies using gel
  electrophoresis applications such as PFGE.
  The imaging system software includes a cluster analysis
  program called PHYLIP from Joe Felsenstein at the University of Washington.
  It includes a UPGMA cluster analysis program that produces
  dendrograms. However, the branches in dendrograms
  do not represent the length distances, and instead you must look up
  the distances on the charts provided. In addition, the program is a
  DOS program and is not very easy to use.

  I wanted to find out if  there are any Windows based cluster analysis
  software programs that can import data to produce dendrograms
  based on UPGMA or any other algorithm that represent the
  accurate topology of branch lengths.

  Texas Department of Health
  ldelrosario at laba.tdh.state.tx.us