Bio Software for 100-level course (Unix-based)

Mike O'Kane m_okane at ncsu.edu
Tue Jul 25 09:05:19 EST 1995

From: m_okane at ncsu.edu (Mike O'Kane)
Newsgroups: bionet.cellbiol
Subject: Interactive Software for BIO 100 course?

Folks,

Does anyone have any suggestions for some good Unix-based (mostly Sun, HP, linux), interactive biological/evolutionary systems-level software thatmight be useful in BIO 100-level undergraduate courses?

I am helping a Biological Sciences department decide what computing platform they should choose for a new facility, and clearly the software should drive the decision.  We have a special interest in software that will help students to develop more student
-centered, self-paced learning solutions.

Thanks,

Mike O'Kane,
Instructional Coordinator,
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences,
North Carolina State University