NCBI connection fails

Christopher Spry cspry at sghms.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 04:12:12 EST 1995

>> Once again NCBI (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 130.14.20.1) is invisible to me (22 & 23 July 1995).
>'ncbi' (130.14.20.1) was down due to a failed power supply.

The connections are back up once again. Thanks to all who replied.

On a general point, when 'professional' systems have problems so that users can not connect to them, is there a way for the
managers of these systems to let Internet users know what is (not) going on? There are local information resources, of course.
Can anyone see how to provide this type of information globally in a form that would be easily accessible and updated when
problems developed? We need an Internet resource that shows us what is out of action and how long it is expected to be until it
is fixed. Warnings of impending problems would also enable users to plan ahead too. Perhaps I am ahead of my time (again :>).
--
Christopher Spry.
cspry at sghms.ac.uk