Dendrograms with accurately drawn branch lengths

John Gosink gosink at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 25 16:10:49 EST 1995

Hi,

     If I may add my $0.02... This sort of brings up another thing I
noticed, that is when I use DRAWTREE on a treefile which includes negative
length branches, then all of the branch lengths become the same (that is,
it ignores the length information associated with ALL of the branches).
I'm sure I've seen this written up in the documentation or discussed in
this forum at some point.  (Then again it may be that I'm just making a
dumb mistake and that I've just been pressing the wrong buttons :-)

   I get around this problem by just hand editing the file to convert all
the negative length branches to zero length.

            -John