BIODIV

"Bruce Cowell ", BIO cowell at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU
Thu Jun 1 08:25:37 EST 1995

I have been using the program BIODIV (a DOS program) to calculate diversity
indices for stream sites, and haave encountered a strange problem!

I have a matrix of 163 lines (species) and 12 stream sites, with
quantitative data. For one season (the rest all worked properly), I got
results for 11 of the sites but not for the 12th site.  After I entered
the file for saving the results, I got:

			Abnormal Program Termination
			C:\Biodiv>

which appeared under the index selection menu....the only options were to
"exit" or to retype the entry command and start over.

In the case of my non-working site, I checked everything I could think
of, including retyping and editing in DOS; normally I save a text file in
Microsoft Excel and move it to the Biodiv program.  The BIODIV manual
gives no problem supports.

Bruce Cowell
Professor of Biology
University of South Florida