eroshkin at vector.nsk.su
Tue Jun 6 05:15:01 EST 1995
To: BIO-SOFT at net.bio.net
From: eroshkin at vector.nsk.su <Alexey Eroshkin>
Subject: Protein Structure-Activity Analyzing Software Available
PROANAL version 2.0
New software package PROANAL version 2 is freely available thru:
IuBio archive, EBI ftp and email server, NIG (Japan) ftp server.
How to get it:
1. From IuBio archive as
ftp://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/ibmpc/proanal2.exe (and proanal2.readme)
IUBio archive files are now all available by e-mail to users.
This is thru a network Gopher to Email gateway. To start, send mail to
gophermail at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
2. From EBI ftp and email server:
This is the self-extracting archive, so it should before
transferring, ftp should be set to binary transfer.
Or by sending an email message containing:
to netserv at ebi.ac.uk
Which will return the 6 files. Running UUDECODE you'll get
archive with the program.
3. From NIG (Japan) ftp server ftp.nig.ac.jp
PROANAL ver 2.0 description:
Enhanced version of the program PROANAL (CABIOS, 9, 491-497, 1993)
* investigation of relationships between structure and activity in a family of
evolutionary related (or/and artificially mutated) proteins/peptides
(searching relations between data on activity and various physico-
chemical characteristics of different regions in primary structures);
* analysis of multiple protein alignments;
* studying protein structure-function relationships;
* comparative analysis of sequences;
* protein-engineering experiment planning.
PROANAL may be used to predict protein secondary structures,
functionally or structurally important regions, antigenic determinants
(B- and T-call epitopes), transmembrane regions.
* aligned protein amino acid sequences with data of their activity
(pK, Km, ED50 or any other, if available).
* converts alignments from CLUSTAL output files to PROANAL input files;
* plots individual and average profiles (10 different profiles, including
alpha-helical and beta-strand moments) for entire protein family;
* searching physico-chemically variable and conservative regions (e.g.,
regions with low dispersion of alpha-helical moments of hydrophobicity);
* searching sites with high and low physico-chemical properties;
* database of about 100 amino acid physico-chemical properties;
* examples, extensive manual and help system.
Requirements: DOS 3.30 or later, EGA/VGA video card, 500 KB RAM.
Alexey Eroshkin Research Institute of Molecular Biology
E.mail: eroshkin at vector.nsk.su State Research Center of Virology and
Tel: +7 (3832) - 647774 Biotechnology "Vector"
Fax: +7 (3832) - 328831 Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Region
More information about the Bio-soft