Programming language querry

Leonard N. Bloksberg bloksber at
Tue Jun 6 22:51:00 EST 1995

I'm getting sick of waiting for some specialized applications to be written
for me, so I'm entertaining the idea of writing my own programs.  I am
comfortable in DOS and UNIX, but I only have access to DOS and Windows
machines right now.  I'm leaning toward a C language because I understand
that programs can be compiled for UNIX, DOS, or MAC from the same code.
Is "Borland C++ 4.5 visual" a good language to dive into?  Can anyone recomend
something that will be both easy to pick up, and powerfull enough to bother
spending time to learn?  Thanks.
Lenny Bloksberg
bloksber at