mRNA/cDNA sequence sites?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Wed Jun 7 17:46:15 EST 1995

IUBio Archive provides keyword searches of Genbank, PIR and SwissProtein
databases.  OWL is a non-redundant amalgam of these.  Though I can't
offer you OWL searching, I can offer you output of your searches in a
variety of formats, including:

 biosequence/genbank
 biosequence/fasta
 biosequence/gcg
 biosequence/embl
 biosequence/msf
 biosequence/nbrf
 biosequence/phylip
 biosequence/paup
 biosequence/pir
 text/plain

The caveat to this is that this server uses 'readseq' to convert
to new formats, and this converter drops out the documentation
from sequence entries.  Your need might be served by choosing
the biosequence/fasta format, which has no spaces, but has 50 bases
per line.  If you want all the documentation, choose the default
or text/plain format.

You can find this data server thru www clients, at
  http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/, look in folder Genbank-Sequences/
or by gopher+ to iubio.bio.indiana.edu, in folder Genbank-Sequences/

P.S., you might also like to try the sequence retrieval service (SRS)
at this site:  Pick "SRS @ IUBio" from the main IUBio menu.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu