oligo melting points and concentrations, Mac programs for it?

Peter Kulmburg kulmburg at sun1.ukl.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jun 27 05:27:04 EST 1995

Dear collegues,

Once upon a time someone wrote a very useful hypercard stack, dataminder, I
liked a lot to estimate oligonucleotide annealing temperatures (not for PCR
but hybridization) and to convert yg to mmol (for labeling) and vice versa.
It was simple to use and quick

Now, under sytem 7.5.1 (using hypercard 2.1) the stack does not work any
longer. I am looking for informations either on newer hypercard players or
newer versions of dataminder or for other programs that can do what I
described.

Most current programs I found (Amplify, Primers) either do not work on
oligos entered directly with the keyboard without any sequnce to fit (they
always want to PCR first) or just do not run at all on my Performa 475 and
PowerMac 7100.

Just melting points and yg-> mmols and reverse, that is all I want... no PCR.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Sincerely yours                 Peter Kulmburg

Peter KULMBURG (193.196.226.110)
home: Tel./Fax:+49 761 808439   work: Tel.:+49 761 270/7195   Fax:/7177