Plasmid drawing software?

Stephen Williams s.m.williams.bcm at bham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 14:08:43 EST 1995

In article <3scn1i$jd5 at server.st.usm.edu> jstemple at whale.st.usm.edu (Jeffrey Shane Temple) writes:
>From: jstemple at whale.st.usm.edu (Jeffrey Shane Temple)
>Subject: Plasmid drawing software?
>Date: 22 Jun 1995 21:24:02 GMT

>I know I have posted this question before, but my files were lost.  Does
>anyone know where I can obtain software to draw plasmids?  I would prefer
>freeware if any exists.  Thanks again in advance for any help.

>Jeffrey Temple
>Univ of Southern MS
>Dept of Chem/Biochem

There are currently two packages that I know of. Vector NTI which I have been
using for about a month now and fully recommend it. The other package WinPlas
has only recently been released. Unfortunately I've not tested this package
yet, although I have downloaded it. It sounds as if it will do most things
Vector NTI will do and has the bonus of OLE 2.0 support, for easy importing
into other packages.

Links to both packages are available from one of my internet pages. The URL
is:-

     http://sun1.bham.ac.uk/s.m.williams.bcm/images/viewers.html

Any problems please let me know and I'll try to sort them out.

Steve