Anybody using Labview?(data aquisition/control)

bdwhaley at imap1.asu.edu bdwhaley at imap1.asu.edu
Thu Mar 2 06:11:18 EST 1995

:::

	I'm interested in hearing from people who are familiar with LabVIEW.
I am an electrical engineering major at Arizona State University involved in
Labview projects.

	Project Abstracts:
1)Automated data aquisition of a Deep level transient spectroscopy
system for detecting impurities in semiconductor material.

2)Control and data logging of an ion beam implanter for making
semiconductors.  This project involves using a GROUP3 I/O linked by a
fiber optic cable.  I'm interested in knowing if anyone has written any
good drivers for this hardware?

3)Setting up an automated error logging interface at the local Intel
plant where they assemble Pentiums chips.  This involves linking up several
machines to a single PC-interface for extracting error codes for the
evaluation of machine performance.  These machines come with a SECS
interface, anybody familiar with  the SEMI SECS protocal?

4)I am getting ready to start on a project at Motorola which involves the
upgrading  of a "SONA GAUGE" which is used for making a resistivity map
of a wafer.

Labview is a pure graphics based software.  There is no text based code.
I am interested in swapping VI's (Virtual instruments) with anyone out
there.

This summer Intel is sending me to there plants in Malaysia and in the
Phillipeans. Any one know of some good sights to see?

		Let's talk,
		Brad Whaley

           my mail: bdwhaley at imap1.asu