Bibliography software

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Mar 7 13:42:49 EST 1995

In <3j4epv$s3a at hermod.uio.no> thomas.hansteen at bio.uio.no writes:

> We want to collect our litterature databases, who currently are in EndNote-, ProCite- and
>  PopLitt-formats, into one, Word 6.0 (Windows)-compatible Bibliography database.
> The main qualities we are looking for is import/export routines and friendlyness.
>
>  Any suggestions?
> (I have seen above that EndNote for windows, my favorite, is in a
> prenatal commercial fase, > what a pity.)

Thomas:

Sure, I'll bite...  and those that scan this sub know what I'm going to
say... ;-)

I would opt for Papyrus.  For $99 it does what you ask.  No extra costs, no
extra modules, no nothin'...  It comes ready with a variety of formats for
both imports and exports - you can easily design both to suit your needs.
Here at Wash-U we have a library format that didn't quite match what came
with Papyrus, I had a import format up and working within about a hour.

Currently, it is available in DOS format.  The DOS format works fine under
Windows (personal experience) and a Mac version is currently under
development.

Dave Goldman who deveoped it (and sells it) can be reached at:

rsd at teleport.com

Hope this helps.

David (blah-blah - no affiliation with RSD)
+  David L. Haviland, Ph.D.	     Internet:"haviland at kids.wustl.edu"   +
+  Washington Univ. School of Med.   A.K.A : The Compiler                 +
+  Dept. of Peds./Pulm. Box 8116     ICBM-Net : Just hit St. Louis        +
+  400 S. Kingshighway               &-6  <- User is Brain Dead...        +
+  St. Louis, MO  63110              FAX: 314-454-2476                    +
+  (314) 454-6076                                                         +
+    Outside of a cat, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a cat,   +
+                          it's too dark to read!                         +