ONE DEADLINE AT FRIDAY...

LARS THOMSEN lars.thomsen at dkb.dk
Wed Mar 8 04:21:00 EST 1995

Hej Jan, this is very urgent - sorry

The Faculty of Nature Sciences at Copenhagen University has called for
priority lists from all the connected institutes for 2 years POSTDOC's
and fonding of equipment.

1) Needed is a short project description 5 pages, but 10 would be OK.
2) Letter of recommodation.
3) Brief description of your group.
4) Brief description of your groups research (must be nature science,
they hate medical stuff - you know no disiease and things like that).

The institute board to which I am connected consists of 6 people :
Dr. Ian Lambert - one of my closests friends
Prof. Dr. Erik Hviid Larsen - my advisor in my pHD
Dr. Carsten Juul - nice guy I made a project during my master with him
Dr. Poul Budtz - nice guy talked with him at several occasions
Prof. Peter Leth Jørgensen - mean man
Erik Richter - don't know him

I just got the information this morning by Ian Lambert who has just
returned from his vacation.

I am still trying (this morning) to contact my advisor (E. H. Larsen) to
get more information, but there should be very good possibilities, he
promised my in january that he would help me to get a POSTDOC in USA.

The money if fonded by the faculty who has a lot of salary savings, and
these money is a political hot potatoe. The danish goverment has pointed
out that they find it not acceptable that the Universities has saved
money on salaries, when the goverment is trying to get rid of
unemployment. So with other words they need to use these money if they
wnat to get money next year. They have talked about it in the television
and newspapers just before I left.

I talked with one of my friends who has a flourescense setup and a
monochromator and he is willing to help with the measurements on
the interstial cells. And Lars is planning to make some cultures.

					I need to run...(fast)

						Lars Th

We had I nice trip home I was in the nonsmoking section between to very
nice girls and Lars was in the total-smoking section next to a fat ugly
man. Say hello to everybody in the lab from me, I like them all -
allmost.

Best Regards
MSc Lars Thomsen 03-08-95  10.21
Royal Veterinary & Agricultural University
Copenhagen, Denmark
EMAIL : lars.thomsen at dkb.dk
FAX   : +45 35 38 25 25
TLF   : +45 35 28 25 13
---
þ CMPQwk #1.4þ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY