clone database

Theo Devos devos at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 14 13:19:27 EST 1995

I recently setup a 10,000 clone gridded cosmid library in microtiter
plates. I am in the process of setting up a simple database to keep track
of these clones, and would like input on the best approach using a PC
system to do this. I would also like the flexibility of being able to
upload (without too much manipulation) to one of the genome database
systems already available, at some point in the future.  Although
initially the requirements of this system are minimal (ie just keeping
track of clones) the library will eventually be used to develop cosmid
contigs. In addition, the library is being made widely available, in
return for identification of positive clones and karyotype information
from CHEF filters provided with the library. The ultimate aim is to
develop cosmid contigs for the entire genome.  Your comments, tips,
suggestions etc will be greatly appreciated

Theo deVos				 	Phone 	206-284-8846 #405
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute		Fax	206-284-0313
Suite #200, #4 Nickerson St.
Seattle WA, 98109				email	devos at u.washington.edu