NIH Image for Windows

Anderas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 14 12:27:55 EST 1995

In article <84632653wnr at genesys.demon.co.uk>, Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk (Duncan Clark) says:

>Is the DOS emulator freely available, if so where?
>
>>  But you can run NIH-Image V1.55 with executor unter DOS. It is a shareware emulation for a mac.
>> Find version 199k (or may be 1.2) of executor and install version 1.55 of NIH-Image.
>> You find that "old" version of NIH-Image in the spin_offs directory of the zippy server.
>
>Duncan

>My mind's made up. Don't confuse me with the facts!

Ardi's current version of Executor is 1.99h.  You can get the demo from
ftp.cs.unm.edu  (unm.edu, not umn.edu!) under the directory /pub/ardi.
Or try it with ftp.ardi.com which are the distributers of Executor.
They have a newslist especially for executor where you can subscribe:
majordomo at nacm.com or you can contact them directly by email:
questions at ardi.com.
Executor is a demo version that only runs for about 10 minutes.The price for
executor full version is 99 dollar. It is ok but it has some restriction
( no printer, you need a Mac formated disk in your floppy, no multitasking
and so on). It works more or less stable. Executor support three different
operating systems:  DOS, NeXTStep and Linux.
To run NIH-Image you can also use version 1.2 which is easier availible
on the net.The archie request name is: "exctr12" .

The version you can run with executor is NIH-Image 1.55 which you can find
on zippy.nimh.nih.gov in the directory pub/nih-image/nih-image_spinoffs.
A mirror of nih-image in europe is gwdu30.gwdg.de in the directory
pub/macintosh. It is no use to try NIH-Image version 1.57, it requires
mac system 7.x.

If you want further information don't bother to ask me.
I had had the same problems before.

Andreas

Andreas Becker
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De