Plotter to bubble-jet?

Jarmo Uusitalo j.uusitalo at kmf.gu.se
Thu Mar 16 06:19:12 EST 1995

I apologise if this question is answered in some FAQ etc, but...

I would need a "translator" from plotter instructions to page
descriptions.

Background:

We have:
1) A inkjet printer (Canon BJC-820) that uses a
Epson LQ 2550 Windows driver.

2) A spectrophotometer that uses a
Epson FX-80 driver, i.e. a plotter driver. The
spectrophotometer seems to be able to send general
plotter instructions. (The control program was written back
in 1988 and does not seem to be updated since then, Sigh!)

Thus, in order to use the Canon printer I would need a
way to translate the instructions coming out from the
spectrophotometer control program into a page description that
could be understood by a bubble-jet printer driver.

Is there anyone out there that
is aware of such a "translator"?

If so many thanks,
(else we will have to return the printer (we cant return the
spectrophotometer, we need it...)).

Jarmo Uusitalo
Kristineberg Marine Research Station, Sweden
(j.uusitalo at kmf.gu.se)