ABI file reading apps?

Ruediger Fritsch rfritsc at popper.gwdg.de
Fri Mar 17 12:46:49 EST 1995

In article <3jpnbj$9pt at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>
ptaylor at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk (Dr. P.L. Taylor) writes:

[zip]

> Other software I know of which will open ABI files:
>
> ABI's own programs : Analysis, SeqEd and Sequence Navigator.
> DNAStar/LaserGene
> MacVector.
> GeneCodes' Sequencher.
>
> Phil Taylor                         |        MRC Reproductive Biology Unit
>                                     |        Centre for Reproductive Biology
>                                     |        37 Chalmers Street
> mbplt at seqnet.dl.ac.uk               |        Edinburgh EH3 9EW
> ptaylor at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk              |        Scotland.

Along those lines, is there a possibility to convert Pharmacia ALF PC
files into ABI Macintosh files? This would be very helpfull for us
since we have an old EMBL machine running Pharmacia Software as well as
an ABI machine with Macintosh. Would be nice to handle all files in one
format for further processing in, say, Sequencher.

Thanks for your help

Ruediger Fritsch
Max Planck Institut f. biophysikalische Chemie
Abt. Molekulare Zellbiologie
Am Fassberg 11
D-37077 Goettingen
Germany