Analysis of 2D-gels with scanner and IBM-PC

Will Dracup nonlin at phoretix.win-uk.net
Mon Mar 20 12:35:29 EST 1995

Dear P.F

Phoretix International Limited have a range of 5 image analysis
software packages for the quantitative analysis of 1D and 2D
electrophoresis gels.  The products are mature and used extensively
world-wide. All products are full 32 bit  Windows applications that
will run under Windows or Windows NT (and of course Windows 95 when
it arrives).  They  provide full electrophoresis analysis
capabilities, analysing all band and lane material in 3 dimensions
(length, width and depth of greyness) have very easy to use editing
facilities and the fastest method of determining molecular weights
of any analysis software.  All products upgradeable.

Depending on the specification of your PC, Phoretix software may be
able to sit on your existing machine and analyse the images you
scan in.  Our software will quantitate band intensities of all
lanes and do lane comparisons. Once you have done your analysis the
software will allow you to export results into word-processing and
presentation packages

If you let us know about your current hardware specifications we can
put together a detailed proposal for software to meet your
requirements.

Detailed information can be requested from

Phoretix International Limited,
Newcastle Technopole,
Trafalgar Street,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2LA, England.