Software for ABI, ALF, LI-COR

Howard Cash howardc at genecodes.com
Mon Mar 20 16:55:34 EST 1995

rfritsc at popper.gwdg.de (Ruediger Fritsch) wrote:
> Along those lines, is there a possibility to convert Pharmacia ALF PC
> files into ABI Macintosh files? This would be very helpfull for us
> since we have an old EMBL machine running Pharmacia Software as well as
> an ABI machine with Macintosh. Would be nice to handle all files in one
> format for further processing in, say, Sequencher.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Ruediger Fritsch
> Max Planck Institut f. biophysikalische Chemie

Dear Dr. Fritsch:

It's nice to hear that you are so satisfied with Sequencher.  Perhaps
you did not realize it, but Sequencher can read Pharmacia/ALF and LI-COR
chromatogram files just as it reads ABI files.  There are several
programs that allow you to read DOS disks on your mac, or if you are
networked, you can copy the files directly from your ALF software system
to the Mac where you have Sequencher.  If you make sure that the file
name has the extension ".ALF", Sequencher should recognize it as a
Pharmacia file and convert it automatically.

Best regards,

Howard Cash
President
Gene Codes Corporation