image processing for video microscopy (attn: users and vendors)

Matthew La Mantia lamantia at husc.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:32:48 EST 1995

Our lab works with video images of neural growth cones in culture, captured as
TIFFs on both a macintosh and a 486 system, using NIH image software.
We are trying to automate, or at least expedite, the process of tracing the
outlines of the growth cones in each frame.

I'm looking for any information on software that anyone thinks could be helpful
with this task, whether it's just good program for hand-tracing or it
incorporates more automation.

Any leads would be helpful.  Messages from vendors are welcome.

Matt LaMantia
Jay Lab
Deparment of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Harvard University