rgb format

Robert W. Cox rwcox at post.its.mcw.edu
Thu Mar 23 10:13:52 EST 1995

Tero T Weckroth (tweckrot at cc.Helsinki.FI) wrote:
:  I have some molecular images in RGB format and I'd like to transform them
: into GIF.

If this is SGI's RGB format, the "netpbm" package of image conversion
utilities (for Unix) can convert it to a myriad of other formats.  A
quick search with archie shows a number of sites, but I didn't get one
in Finland.  In Europe:
   ftp://ftp.cyf-kr.edu.pl/ftp.cyf-kr.edu.pl/netpbm-1mar1994.tar.gz
   ftp://ftp.ibp.fr//pub/X11/R5contrib/netpbm-1mar1994.tar.gz
I believe that it has been compiled for MS-DOS and other platforms as
well, but don't know where those might be found.

Bob Cox / Biophysics Research Institute / Medical College of Wisconsin
voice: 414-456-4038 / FAX: 414-266-8515 / rwcox at mcw.edu