Macintosh drivers for UV-vis spectrophotometers

LOLL at BIOVAX.UCHICAGO.EDU LOLL at BIOVAX.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Mar 23 12:45:19 EST 1995

Hello,

	I'm setting up a lab, and would like
to have a UV-vis spectrophotometer driven by
a Macintosh or PowerPC and not by a 386/486/Pentium
machine (otherwise we're an exclusively Mac shop,
and I hate to have a non-Mac PC just sitting
around 22 hrs. a day.  Plus they offend me.).
The sorts of instruments I'm looking at are in
the $7-12K range, and include the HP diode array,
the Perkin Elmer Lambda series, the Beckman
DU650/750's, etc.  Frankly, for the applications
I envisage, there's not much to recommend one
instrument over another (although an open sample
compartment such as is found on the diode array
machines would be nice).  If one of these can
be driven by a Mac, that would tip the scales.
None of the manufacturers offers Mac drivers
as an option.  Does anyone out there have
such software, or can you recommend a source
for same?
	I'm grateful for any assistance you
can offer.

	  **** Please respond to: ****

	    loll at biovax.uchicago.edu

	Thanks.

Pat Loll
Dept. of Pharmacology
University of Pennsylvania Medical School