Using Windows as a Glorified Chart Recorder??

Jeffrey W. Chisholm JWChish at ac.dal.ca
Fri Mar 24 12:06:00 EST 1995

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody knows of an inexpensive way to use an
MS-DOS/Windows based machine to aquire analoque data in the same manner
as a chart recorder. I have looked at a bunch of specialized commercial
chromatography software but they are all outrageously expensive.  I would
think there must be cheap analoque to digital boards available for this
type of application as well as inexpensive commercial software or
preferably good shareware/freeware.  In fact, I would think there may
even be external boards available that can interface with a serial
port.  The interface of the software doesn't have to be fancy provided
you can cut/paste to it, and export the chromatogram into a
drawing/presentation program.  For my purposes automated peak integration
is not important provided chromatograms can be printed to scale.

Email replies,

Thanks

Jeffrey W. Chisholm
Dept. of Biochemistry