Plasmid Drawing Programs

David Stillman stillman at
Thu Mar 30 10:35:15 EST 1995

Subject: Plasmid Drawing Programs
From: TIMOTHY CHAN, tchan at
Date: 29 Mar 95 15:09:01 PST
In article <1995Mar29.150901 at pomona> TIMOTHY CHAN, tchan at
>Is there a more recent version of MacPlasmap
>out there? I'm working with a 1988 version.
>Are there any other programs that can draw plasmids
>with ease?

I am using MacPlasmap 2.05, now available for $200 (I think) from CGC
314-652-6533, fax 314-652-6631
Many new features: importing from GenBank, from DNA Strider Pict files,
from MacDraw, and now make linear maps.
I like it.

Usual Disclaimer: No affiliation or monetary gain....

David Stillman
Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Department of Oncological Sciences
University of Utah Heath Sciences Center
Salt Lake City, UT  84132
stillman at
phone: 801-581-5429
fax: 801-581-3607