Raster3D / Molscript and OS/2

Uwe Baumert tiedtke at vnwz00.uni-muenster.de
Thu Mar 30 04:23:44 EST 1995

Hi,

yesterday I got raster3d from stanzi.bchem.washington.edu. It compiled
smoothly on an OS/2-machine (486DX/33 Mhz, 8 MB RAM) using OS/2-ports of
f2c and gcc 2.6.3 (the latter is emx0.9a FIX03 by E. Matthes). I didn't
use the tiff-library (i got it today and try out tomorrow). avs2ps needed
the bsd-library because of the random-function it uses.

I used the accompaying example-scripts, converted them to batch-files and
run them (you need some OS/2-ports of GNU utilities, e. g. cat, grep,
etc.). As i see from the output of avs2ps, e.g. from example3, the
ps-version differs from what can be seen in the examples-subdirectory. Any
hints are welcome.

Also example3 was done using molscript. Where can I get this and is it
possible to compile it and use it with OS/2?

Thanks in advance,

Uwe Baumert

--
Uwe Baumert
Institute for General Zoology and Genetics
D-48149 Muenster, Germany          e-mail: baumert at uni-muenster.de