Brookhaven files for RasMol?

Giancarlo Giancarlo
Thu May 11 08:44:07 EST 1995

In article <3onl7n$dth at>, robison at (Keith
Robison) writes:

>9007067 at wrote:
>: Hi people
>: Does anyone know how to get hold of Brookhaven's data files for proteins
>: I know that they are available via anon FTP, but need the site.
>: The WWW site (if it exists) might also be helpful
>to find a number of sites with PDB-related services, and the PDB itself.
>If you configure your WWW browser to pass
>robison at

Sorry to but in. I've just checked the Brookhaven Protein Data BAnk page on the
Web. The URL goes as follows: It uses PDBBrowse,
developed by David Stamp, Clifford Felder and Joe Sussman (Nature
374(6522):572-574), a series of Perl script which seem to do a very good job as
search engines front ended by an exaustive query form. Rasmol viewers for
various platforms seem to be downloadable from there too.

Giancarlo Contrafatto
Biology Department
University of Natal Durban
South Africa