AVAILABLE: software for finding a particular tree among many
mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri May 12 00:43:32 EST 1995
A while ago someone posted in this group a query about software
that would find a particular tree among many trees.
For those that are Hennig86 friendly, I have written such a program.
TRECMP.EXE will do a number of things.
1) find a defined tree among a suite (of any size) of any trees.
- all that is needed for this is TRECMP.EXE and Hennig86
2) find the frequency of occurrence of a tree (in toto as opposed to
clades of a tree) in bootstrap replicates.
- for this you need to have created the replicates with my
RandomCladistics program HEYJOE.EXE (which is freely
available by anonymous ftp from zoo.toronto.edu as pub/random.exe)
3) it will also do automated Brooks Parsimony Analysis for biogeography
and coevolutionary studies.
TRECMP.EXE is free to anyone who wants it. For the time being email me and
we'll arrange for a binary transfer or a diskette. I will include
TRECMP.EXE in the next release of RandomCladistics (vers. 3) later
in the summer.
1) portability - DOS only
2) reference tree - in parenthetical notation as for a Hennig86 treefile
the file can be save from Hennig86 with tsave or created by
the user. e.g.,
tread (0(1(2(3 4))));
3) trees considered matching:
i) any tree with the same topology irrespective of the order of
taxa. Thus both (0(1(2(3 4)))) and (0((3 4) 2) 1)) will
match because they are same tree as will ((0 1)(2(3 4))) as it
is the same tree just rooted differently.
ii) in cases of unresolved nodes in the reference tree, any tree
that represents any possible resolution of that polytomy [very
interesting vis a vis bootstraps!]. Thus if the reference
tree is (0(1(2 3 4))) this unresolved tree and any of
(0(1((2 3) 4))) (0(1(2 (3 4)))) or (0(1(3(2 4)))) will match.
A fully resolved tree will only match itself.
A fully unresolved tree will match everything.
4) suites of trees - as for (2) above.
5) occurrence in bootstrap replicates - replicates saved from HEYJOE.EXE
Mark E. Siddall "I don't mind a parasite...
mes at vims.edu I object to a cut-rate one"
Virginia Inst. Marine Sci. - Rick
Gloucester Point, VA, 23062
More information about the Bio-soft