Pluto Software for Chemical Structures

Dave Love at
Mon May 15 09:27:51 EST 1995

 > A PLUTO that has been modified for large biomolecules is available in
 > the CCP14 package,

CCP4 for macromolecules, though CCP14 (powders) may have something

 > i believe it is called Npo and can be found on

A plotting program called `pluto' is in the current ccp4 distribution
but is going to be removed.  Its successor is indeed `npo' from

However, I don't know if that's what's wanted.  I think there's at
least one other program with the same name which may or may not be
descended from Sam Motherwell's (Cambridge) original like ours.

--Dave (I'm not the Secretary)

Thank you for your interest in the CCP4 protein crystallography programs.

 Secretary to CCP4      | Telephone: (+44) 1925 603530  (direct line)
 Daresbury Laboratory   | Facsimile: (+44) 1925 603124
 Warrington WA4 4AD, UK | e-mail:    ccp4 at