Plasmid drawing software?

botn078 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz botn078 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Sat May 20 19:12:03 EST 1995

In article <3pftuk$ino at server.st.usm.edu>, jstemple at whale.st.usm.edu (Jeffrey Shane Temple) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a windows program that can be
> used to draw plasmids.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.  I had the same question recently, and ended up getting a very good demo
program.  It is called Vector NTI v2.0 or 3.0 or something :).

Anyway, this can be downloaded from the IUbio server, from the directory
molbio/ibmpc.

Download the files VNTD-DEMO (about 1.6M) and VNTP-DEMO (about 800K).  Also,
get the readme file.

This program does good plasmid maps once you get it going, and it also does
quite a bit more.

Good luck,

Mark Silby
Dept of Plant and Microbial Sciences