Refman vs Endnote

Benoit_Hebert at IAF.UQUEBEC.CA Benoit_Hebert at IAF.UQUEBEC.CA
Mon May 29 21:45:47 EST 1995

Peter Myler (mylerpj at u.washington.edu) wrote:
> On Sat, 20 May 1995 sfletche at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU wrote:
> > Could anyone tell me the major differences between these packages. What I would
> > like to do is download fron Medline journal listings, export these to a database
> > such as Access, and use reference numbers in my papers so that refman (or
> > endnote) will add the appropriate author references in a particular journal
> > format at the end on the paper. I have no idea on the differences beteen these
> > packages.

> Stephen:

> If you use Refman, there is no need to go thru an intermediate database -
> it can import directly from Medline.  You can then use the Refman
> database for exactly waht you want to do.  It has >100 built in Journal
> formats and you can also design your own.

Well, although RefMan can import directly from Medline, the abstract field can
only be inserted in the Notes field along w/ the address of the author or
anything else. According to SIS, this is NOT a design flaw but I feel it's
quite dumb to do things that way especially for a 500+$ software package !

Benoit Hebert

Benoit_Hebert at iaf.uquebec.ca

Virology Research Center
Armand-Frappier Institute, Laval, Quebec