3D image processing and visualization software wanted

Harry Mangalam mangalam at uci.edu
Tue May 30 16:19:11 EST 1995

In article <3q25sl$7ic at falcon.ccs.uwo.ca>, szhang at irus.rri.uwo.ca (Samuel
Zhang) wrote:

> I am looking for a good software to analyze and visualize 3D fMRI for
> research and clinical applications. I have heard that VoxelView, AVS, and IBM
> Visualization Data Explorer are good software packages. Could anybody
give me a
> comparison amongest these packages? Any other suggestion is quite
welcome. Thanks.

Try the usual suspects: the comp.graphics hierachy would obviously be the
best place to start.  You might also use Melvyl to search for reviews.
YOu might also take a peek at:

for a good, well laid out overview of unix/SGI image analysis

for the FAQ,

for one of the many 3D reconstruction pages...

Harry J Mangalam, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UC Irvine,
      Irvine, CA, 92717, (714) 824-4824, fax (714) 824 8598
                 --- knowledge is fractal ---
  Computational Biology..SGI..Woodworking..Bicycling..Linux..WWW