Evaluation of restriction sites

Gilles Truan truan at utsw.swmed.edu
Wed Nov 22 16:15:19 EST 1995

In article <48sku3$815 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>,
   jpleiss at TEBIO1.BIOLOGIE.UNI-STUTTGART.DE (Juergen Pleiss) wrote:
>Dear colleagues,
>is there any programm available for the generation of restriction sites in
>a given nucleotide sequence? I have to introduce several restriction sites
>in a nucleotide sequence by changing the codon usage without altering
>the amino acid sequence. Introducing these sites by hand is a very tediuos
>work. So, I would like to know if someone knows a computer program doing
>this work.
>Thank you,
	Yes Juergen, there is a little shareware for DOS called SILMUT, that
you can find at ftp.bio.indiana.edu. It will take your aminoacid sequence and
generate a map of possible restriction sites. You can edit the input file
containing the restriction sites and enzymes names. If you need more
information, just ask...

Dr. Gilles TRUAN
Department of Biochemistry
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TEXAS 75206-9038
 Phone # : (214) 648-4741
   Fax # : (214) 648-8856