3D reconstruction

Morley Kerschner morleyk at uic.edu
Mon Nov 27 21:00:03 EST 1995

Dear netters, I'm looking for software to determine volume of solid tumors by
analyzing a series of sections. It should be able to reconstruct a 3D-model
and then to make calculations. Ideally, it might be able to delineate tumor
tissue on the sections by differences in appearance (density of nuclei,
granulation, staining). I assume, this kind of software is usually sold
together with expensive microscopes. Does it exist separately? I can run it on
any computer.
Thanks
Alexander Kolchinsky, PhD
--