Where to find tips and advice for design of primers?

Anderas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 30 09:47:29 EST 1995

>I am trying to collect advices for manual design of primers. Is there any
>good netsites out there with this info or could you help me post some
>I have an old one regarding purin content - it should not be more than
>50% - but is this really true nowadays with pure synthesis chemicals.
>Another one is you should have Gs and Cs in the 3'end but not more than 3
>Gs in a row.
>Than thera are the obvious ones regarding secondary structure and

Try our home page. General advice can be found under our mitochondria

Andreas Becker
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De
WWW  : http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker