[Q]-EXCELL-how to...

RVDESHP0 at PWINET.UPJ.COM RVDESHP0 at PWINET.UPJ.COM
Mon Oct 2 14:15:17 EST 1995

Let's say you have 50 numeric values in column A starting from row 1 and
ending in row 50 (A1 to A50) of an Excel spreadsheet, and you want to
multiply all with a constant factor (say 100).  Go to a new column (let's
say column B), and in row B1, type the following :
        =A1*76
It is very important that you start with an "=" sign.  Hit the "return" key
once.  Then, go back and click into cell B1, keep the "shift" key pressed, and
click into the cell - B50.  This should select all the cells from B1 to B50.  Go
to the "Edit" menu, and select "fill down"  (on a Mac, you can do this by
pressing "command D".  AND THERE YOU GO !  All the values in cells A1 to A50
will be multiplied by 100, and the results will be entered into cells B1 to B50.
 I hope, this helps.  Let me know if you need any more help.  Good luck.

Rajendra V. Deshpande, Ph.D.
Molecular Biology Research
The Upjohn Company
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
e-mail : RVDESHP0 at pwinet.upj.com
Subject: [Q]-EXCELL-how to...
Author:  Ivo Wiesner <nfix at jcu.cz> at INTERNET
Date:    9/29/95 7:11 PM

Hello Netters out there!

need your kind help in:

how to multiply all figures at once by a factor (let say *100) within a
spreadsheet in Excell ver.4.0???

I have already no idea how to get it work....

ThanX much in adv. for reply.

Ivo Wiesner

                              *IVO WIESNER*
        *SURFACE MAIL:             |    E-MAIL:                      *
        *Institute of Plant        |    nfix at bf.jcu.cz               *
        *Molecular Biology         | (full time Unix system server)  *
        *Czech Academy of Sciences |    ivow at gen.umbr.cas cz         *
        *Branisovska 31            | (home-table Linux @ DOS systems)*
        *CZ 370 05                      |PHONE:      |               *
        *Czech Republic                 |+42-38-47755|               *