Application to do simple pedigree diagrams

David Curtis dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 5 07:17:29 EST 1995

john haynie <haynie at uno.cc.geneseo.edu> wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a way to simplify this process.  My needs are minimal
>so some megabucks commercial application is out of the question.  I
>searched the Oakland virtual software library and surprisingly found
>nothing on pedigree.  Is there a freeware or shareware ap that will do a
>little pedigree drawing given some data file or point and click
>instructions?  Perhaps something that plugs into one of the standard
>drawing programs.

Try my PEDRAW program. It runs on a PC, and you get it from
ftp.gene.ucl.ac.uk, in /pub/packages/dcurtis.

BTW, this is practically a FAQ. Other people have drawn up lists of
programs, I think Ellen Wijsman for one?

Dave Curtis (dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk)
Institute of Psychiatry, London
http://www.iop.bpmf.ac.uk/home/depts/psychmed/general/dcurtis/dcurtis.htm