SigmaGel

Ellis Golub ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
Sun Oct 8 19:52:43 EST 1995

I was a beta tester of this software.  When the last beta release crashed just as you suggest, I reported it to
Jandel.  They told me that some other beta testers had had similar problems, and they were investigating.

After a long period of silence, I received the first production release with a letter thanking me for testing it.
When I reported that this version crashed when I opened an image, Jandel told me it was the fault of my hardware, that
only 1% of users experience this problem and they weren't interested anymore.

As I have other software for this purpose, I simply uninstalled my copy.  Until then, my experiences with Jandel had
been quite positive.  SigmaPlot is among the best scientific plotting packages available.

I had heard that SigmaGel was selling well and was gining user acceptence.  However, based on my experience, I'd
make sure it works in my system before investing in it.

In article <455bp7$13c at surz03.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE>, klieber at papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE (Hans-Georg Klieber) writes:

|> Bruce Waldman (bw at bronze.lcs.mit.edu) wrote:
|> > Is anyone using Jandel SigmaGel?  I have the program
|> > but it crashes as soon as I load the first sample image
|> > that they provide.  Jandel is unresponsive to my requests
|> > for assistance.  Has anyone gotten this program to work?
|>
|> Dear Sir,
|>
|> I recently considered to by this software but haven't
|> done so yet. I would be very interested to learn
|> about your further experiences with Jandel and
|> the functionality of the program.
|>
|> Regards,
|> Hans-Georg

|> Dr. Hans-Georg Klieber
|> Institute for Physiology, University of Marburg
|> Deutschhausstrasse 2, 35033 Marburg, Germany

Ellis Golub                            Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department                FAX:   (215) 898-3695
University of Pennsylvania             ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
School of Dental Medicine
4001 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6003