Fortran PowerMac Compiler? (for Mulfold)

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:16:35 EST 1995

Apparently the old Mulfold/mac doesn't work very well on
PwerPC macs. I have had an offer from a colleague here at
IU who an loan me the current version of Language Systems
ForTran to recompile it.  But just now there are too many other
things pestering me (like paying work...:).  If someone
else has a LS ForTran compiler, please give it a go (source
is at ftp://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/mac/mulfold-src.hqx).
I've been told there are some .C bits and some other things
that will need editing, as a person here to tried it said
it needed more than a straight recompile w/ LS Fortran.

If no one else gets to it, I'll try to get build a new version by this
December.

P.S., MulFold for mac is just Michael Zuker's MFOLD program w/ a few
additions to make it easier to use on a Mac.  It may be that Dr.
Zuker has a newer version or one more adapted to running on Macs
(see the Wash. Univ. St. Louis school of biocomputing/bioinformatics?)

- don

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu