Cary 1E uv/vis spec. & OS/2

Manoj Ramjee mkr at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 05:20:09 EST 1995

Hello folks,

Our lab has a Cary 1E and we are looking to update.  At the moment the offers are whether
we stay with the DOS version of the software or whether we 'upgrade' to OS/2 ?  We are
getting a Pentium machine to run the Cary but the software issue has not been solved.
Apart from the Varian WWW site info (http://www.varian.com),  I would welcome
additional comments on the following please.

1. Does anyone use this system and do you like it ?
2. What are the prolems encountered ?
3. What is OS/2 like  ? (It takes up around 80 MB on the HD and 12 MB RAM to run!)
4. Is there a Win95 version on the horizon ?
5. Anything else you think we should know before going on.

Thank you very much.  bYe.

-------
  Dr. Manoj Ramjee, Department of Plant Sciences,
  University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EA. U.K.
  E-mail: mkr at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
-------

-------
  E-mail: mkr at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk