PC 3D viewer software for PDB data?

Mike Mitchell mike at bison.lif.icnet.uk
Fri Oct 27 05:06:55 EST 1995

In article <46ill2$olp at winx03.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>,
krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de (Cornelius Krasel) wrote:

> Duncan Clark (Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> > Are the.pdb files stored elsewhere other than NIH.
>
> ftp://ftp.embl-heidelberg.de/pub/databases/pdb/
>
> > Secondly how does one find the pbd file one wants in NIH ie the ftp data
> > structure. For a file like 1KLN. where does one start.
>
> Tricky. For older files, there is the list of Laura L. Walsh (an old version
> of which is available at my own Linux box,
>         http://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/PDBlist.html
> however, the file has over 300 kB!) The recent PDB can be searched at
> various sites which I don't recall offhand (I would go either to
> Brookhaven or to the Indiana Gopher for a start:
>
> http://www.pdb.bnl.gov is the PDB directly
>
> > An archie search shows that raswin is on umpteen sites.
>
> Unfortunately it's mostly not the latest version.

RasWin can be found by anonymous FTP from ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk [129.215.160.5] in
the directory /pub/rasmol in a zip compressed file called raswin.zip, and as
this is the home of the RasMol software I would expect it to be the latest
version.

--
Michael Mitchell                       "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                       I'll be back for breakfast."