Molecular Drawing Package (ISIS?)

Martin Kroeker martin at
Fri Oct 27 17:35:40 EST 1995

Samuel C. Blackman (blackman at wrote:
: Has anyone heard of a software program for the PC called ISIS - a
: chemistry drawing program?  I've heard that it's public domain.  If so,
: does anyone know where I can find a copy?  If not, does anyone know of
: any public domain applications of this type?

ISIS Draw by MDL Inc, available on the web from I
believe they have both Mac and PC/windows versions of this formula drawing
program. (This is not public domain in the original sense of the phrase, but
freely available for non-commercial use)
Dr.-Ing. Martin Kroeker
Inst. f. Organ. Chemie                   martin at
Univ. (TH) Darmstadt                           db7p at