software for densitometry

Hans-Georg Klieber klieber at papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Sat Oct 28 03:19:52 EST 1995

David Tak Yan Yu (dtyyu at wrote:
> I am using HP scanner to scan autoradiography and RT-PCR gels. ...

we are considering to do the same and would like
to employ a "homemade" solution to limit expenses.
Could you please provide some detail of your setup?
How come EtBr stained agarose gels come out on the

As to your request for software: I recently came
accross "Imagetool" which might do what you need
(haven't used it myself):

ImageTool info:
application, source code and SDK:

Dr. Hans-Georg Klieber
Institute for Physiology, University of Marburg
Deutschhausstrasse 2, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Office: +49-6421-282290, Home: +49-6421-25680