lynx recognizing LOAD available

Shiping Zhang ping at bnlux1.bnl.gov
Wed Sep 6 22:20:03 EST 1995

A user who didn't give his e-mail address suggested to put the modified
lynx on the net for people who are interested to fetch.  I have packed
it into a compressed tar file called lynx2-3-7b.tar.Z.  It's available
in ftp://genome1.bio.bnl.gov/pub.  It's also available from a link in
"sequence input method" of http://genome1.bio.bnl.gov/bbq.html.

Just FYI, in April, those who are maintaining lynx had been notified the
changes and supplied a patch file and requested to incorporate the changes
in the future release (but I didn't get any answer).  I also proposed
to Mosaic people to add the feature long time ago, but didn't get response
either (if they were willing to maintain it, I could add the feature, on
my spare time :-)).  What puzzles me is that such feature is so useful and
so easy to add, but those popular web browsers all lack it, so far.

-ping

P.S. Those who don't understand what I'm talking about can pay a visit at
     http://genome1.bio.bnl.gov/bbq.html and read "sequence input method".