image->x,y coordinates

Uwe Kaerst uka at gbf-braunschweig.de
Fri Sep 8 04:20:07 EST 1995

In article <42nqgc$nnu at news.duke.edu>, mmorales at acpub.duke.edu says...

>I'm looking for a program that can take a line image (in TIFF or some
>common format) and convert it to XY coordinates for loading into a graphics
or
>spreadsheet program.  I prefer windows, but could get along fine with DOS.
>Shareware or something in the public domain would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike Morales

Hi Mike,

I am aware of three commercial packages that do what you want. The names are
OPR (DOS), UnGraph (DOS, from from BioSoft), and Un-Scan-It (Windows, Silk
Scientific, Utah). All three packages were compared recently in Scientific
Computing World (March ?). Prices are USD 300 to 400. Hope this helps

Uwe Kaerst